Friday, June 20, 2014

"The World's Best" Ice Cream Sandwiches

Whew, it has been a long time since I have posted, too long!  However, today I have something delicious to share.  Last night Max had his buddies over and I had nothing in the house to feed them.  I did, however, have the ingredients to make "The World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies", sadly I always have those ingredients even if we don't have bread or milk...just saying.  Since it is Summer break I thought I would put a Summer twist on a house favorite.  Behold....

"The World's Best Ice Cream Sandwich"

ics-377lbsdcmwm


ics-384lbsdcm

I am not going to post the recipe for the cookies again, but HERE is the link to the original post.  These turned out great and the combinations of chips, ice cream, and toppings are endless.  With two girlies in the house I see white chocolate chips and pink sprinkles in my future.  

This was the first time I have made these and here is a quick how to and some things I plan on doing next time.  After the cookies cool I would put them in the freezer before I assemble the sandwiches. Firmer cookies will make better sandwiches.  Make sure your ice cream is firm, you can press the toppings into the ice cream, once it started to melt it got messy fast.  Have a cookie tray lined with parchment in the freezer ready to go and transfer each sandwich to the freezer once it is complete.  When all of the sandwiches are frozen you can wrap them individually to store for later.

The boys loved them and we have a new treat to fill our Summer nights.

Have a great Weekend!
post signature


Yum

3 comments:

Ally @ Even Miracles said...

These look so good!!! Perfect for summer. An I love the idea of white chocolate chips and pink sprinkles :)
Ally

betty-NZ said...

Oh, you are making me hungry for ice cream, even if it is winter here in New Zealand!

Unknown said...

These look totally amazing!! I know my girls and I will have fun making (and eating) these! Thanks Tiff!